TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Central & North Burnett Times – Mundubbera Buy Local Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent residents of Queensland who reside within the Central & North Burnett Times newspaper distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age and above to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, then these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Promoter is South Burnett Times Pty Ltd, 176 Haly Street, Kingaroy Queensland 4626. ABN 13 009 710 098.
- To enter, Contestants must make a purchase of $20 or more from any participating Buy Local business at the prevailing market value and collect the entry form from participating businesses (see Clause 14 – Participating Businesses), commencing Thursday February 23, 2017.
- Entry forms must be original print.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The contestant must place their fully completed entry form into an envelope marked Central & North Burnett Times – Mundubbera Buy Local Competition; then
- Deliver or post to: Shop 1, 68 Lyons Street, Mundubbera Qld 4626. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (refer Clause 15).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but can win only one (1) prize throughout the promotion.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries via office delivery or by post.
- Receipts from partial lay-bys, bill payments such the payment of credit card bills, gift card purchases, bank transactions, bank fees and charges and service bills (such as gas, electricity, rates and phone bills, etc.) are not accepted as part of this Promotion.
- Participating Businesses
- Mundubbera IGA
- Mundubbera Post Office
- Mundubbera Tools and Parts
- Mundubbera Timber and Hardware
- Spinning Wheel
- Mundubbera Butchering
- Mundubbera Pharmacy
- Shannons Salon
- La Famille Café
- Mundubbera News
- Burnett Mapping
- BP Mundubbera
- The competition commences on Thursday February 23, 2017 and closes at 10:00am Thursday March 30, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- There will be 10 winners chosen via random draw. The winners will each receive:
- A shopping voucher for $50.00, redeemable from the participating store (see clause 14) shown on the voucher.
- Winners must collect their prize from Central & North Burnett office no later than 5:00pm Wednesday April 12, 2017. Uncollected prizes will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw (refer Clause 30 and 31).
- Shopping vouchers expire on September 30, 2017.
- Vouchers that are lost or stolen after collection from Central & North Burnett Times will not be replaced.
- Vouchers that remain unused by the expiry date will not be extended and cannot be replaced with another prize.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $600.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and above.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via a random draw at the Central North Burnett Times office, Shop 1, 68 Lyons Street, Mundubbera Qld at 12:00pm AEST Thursday March 30, 2017.
- The prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification.
- The winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Central and North Burnett Times on Thursday April 6, 2017.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Winners must collect their prize no later than Wednesday 5:00pm April 12, 2017.
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw at 10:00am AEST Thursday April 13, 2017 as per these terms and conditions. Redraw winners will be selected by random draw and notified by telephone.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the Central and North Burnett Times office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to collect their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
35. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
36. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
37. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
38. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
39. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
40. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
42. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.