10 tips for saving money on grocery shopping
THE CHRONICLE asked its Facebook likers to share their tips to saving money when grocery shopping.
More than 60 people shared their tips, which range from shopping on a full stomach, buying in bulk and making your own baked treats.
Here are your top 10 tips to saving money at the checkout when grocery shopping:
- Go shopping on a full stomach and always have a shopping list - Anna Tschumy
- Buy fruit and bread from the fruit shop, much cheaper - Mandy Taylor
- Say good bye to Coles and Willies, go to Aldi. By the way, there will soon be two more German discount supermarket chains in Australia, Lidl and Netto. More competition - Chris Dammann
- Always have a seven-week menu plan along with appropriate snacks for morning tea and afternoon tea -Kristen Aldrick
- Shop seasonally and adjust your meal plans to use items that are on special - Ashleigh Molloy
- Buy in bulk where possible. Stop and compare prices. But meat in bulk where possible from a Butcher. Fruit from fruit shop. Write a list and plan meals - Wendy Andrews
- Shop locally!!!!! It works for us!! - Bronwyn Kirkaldy
- Don't take your husband, it always costs more when hubby is there -Leigh-Anne Norris
- Get the combo deals 2 for 1 etc - Jessica Symonds
- Make your own biscuits, snacks and treats - less packaging, cost less and you know the ingredients. It takes heaps less time than you think and much more satisfying than you imagine - Leigh Hills