Crews were called to a rural Agnes Water property after a gas bottle exploded in a garage.
Crews were called to a rural Agnes Water property after a gas bottle exploded in a garage.

Agnes gas explosion sparks multiple fires

A GAS explosion in an Agnes Water garage caused three small fires in bushland yesterday afternoon.

Emergency services were called to Masthead Dr at 4.15pm after reports a gas bottle had exploded at a rural property.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said three crews arrived at the scene and found a fire in a six-by-six metre garage with garden supplies inside it.

She said crews extinguished the fire inside the shed, but later discovered three additional fires in surrounding bushland.

She said the explosion from the gas bottle caused the fire to spread outside the structure.

The scene was declared safe at 5.50pm after all fires were extinguished and a gas examiner was called in.

The gas bottles were left in the hands of the owner to dispose of.

Queensland Ambulance Services were on scene but no patients required treatment.


Rental crisis warning as vacancy rates tighten across state

Premium Content Rental crisis warning as vacancy rates tighten across state

Rental crisis warning as vacancy rates tighten

Research reveals negative impacts of COVID on mental health

Premium Content Research reveals negative impacts of COVID on mental health

A researcher from the University of Southern Queensland has identified significant...

Wide Bay Burnett welcomes new regional doctors

Premium Content Wide Bay Burnett welcomes new regional doctors

Wide Bay will see 15 budding General Practitioners placed across the region, with...