Bomb scare accused to face drug trial in Supreme Court
PEREGIAN bomb scare accused David John Ogden's methamphetamine trafficking matters have been committed for trial in the Supreme Court.
The 26-year-old was charged last year for allegedly trafficking methamphetamine at Buddina between February 12 and July 6.
Police prosecutor Senior Sergeant Vicki Kennedy-Grills told Maroochydore Magistrates Court on Monday it would be alleged Ogden had 28g of the drug in his possession when charged on July 7.
Ogden appeared in custody via videolink from prison.
Snr Sgt Kennedy-Grills handed up six witness statements as a part of evidence for the case.
Ogden was also yesterday committed for trial in Maroochydore District Court on a charge of threatening violence at night.
Snr Sgt Kennedy-Grills handed up three witness statements and four exhibits in relation to the Coolum Beach incident.
Ogden allegedly pointed a replica firearm at a woman on the night of April 19.
Police cordoned off a Peregian Beach property the next day after their investigations into the matter uncovered a home-made explosive.
Specialist bomb disposal officers were called in to detonate the explosive at the site.
Ogden's defence solicitor said her client was ready to enter a plea for the less serious charges also mentioned yesterday.
His matters were adjourned for mention in the same court on Tuesday.