Toddler burnt in Eidsvold house fire dies
UPDATE: The toddler badly burnt following a house fire in Eidsvold has died.
Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski confirmed Austin Cotterill died on Saturday afternoon at the Lady Cilento Children's Hospital surrounded by his parents, family and close friends.
"The machine was tuned off at 3:55pm," Mr Naumovski said. "He passed at 4:05pm.
"They're completely devastated but wish to thank emergency services, hospital staff at Lady Cilento and the general public for all their well wishes."
A GoFundMe page raising funds for the family has raised just under $4000.
Queensland Police on Sunday passed on their sympathies when confirming the boy's death.
"The thoughts of the Queensland Police Service are with the boy's family and loved ones at this difficult time,'' police said.
UPDATE: THE toddler who received burns to 80 per cent of his body following a house fire in Eidsvold will reportedly have his life support turned off on Saturday.
Two-year-old Austin Cotterill has reportedly been given 24 to 48 hours by doctors.
More to come.
EARLIER: THE family who lost all their possessions in a house fire in Eidsvold have been been dealt another blow.
Logan House Fire Support founder Louie Naumovski said clothing donated to the Cotterill family was reportedly stolen from their room at the Ronald McDonald house in Brisbane.
"We have made a formal complaint to police," Mr Naumovski said.
"We want to put this behind us as they have other things to worry about, it's just very disappointing."
Two-year-old Austin Cotterill remains in an induced coma in a critical condition at the Lady Cilento Children's Hospital.
Following two rounds of surgery on Friday the swelling from the burns on parts of his face has reportedly gone down.
"The surgeons are hopeful, his parents are hopeful," Mr Naumovski said.
"It's still early days as he's still in an induced coma and we won't know until he comes out of it, but he's in the best capable hands."
THE parents of a two-year-old boy who suffered burns to almost 90% of his body during a devastating fire west of Bundaberg are praying he will survive.
Mandy Roussounis and Steve Cotterill told of how their daughter Shelby raised the alarm after the fire took hold of the Eidsvold home on Tuesday night.
"I heard her say smoke and I ran around and there was just smoke everywhere,'' Mandy said.
The mother risked her own life to go back and save her toddler from the ferocious fire.
"I just don't want anyone, ever, ever, ever, ever to go through that,'' a clearly traumatised Mandy told Seven News.
On Thursday night, Austin remained in an induced coma after undergoing surgery.
Steve said his son's burns were horrific.
He said doctors had told him they were the worst burn injuries they had seen.
"They have told me that they have never seen that before on a child.''
Little Austin had burns to his back, arms and legs and his lungs were struggling to cope.
But Mandy told News Corp that her son's injuries could have been more severe if he had been wearing pyjamas.
"He had no pyjamas on - just his nappy ... the nappy saved him," she said.
The blaze was believed to have been sparked by two tealight candles.
The parents were desperately determined their little boy would make it.
"I just know that he's going to come out (of this),'' Steve said.
"I just can't wait until he starts walking and playing around again.''
Two-year-old in critical condition after house fire
THE family involved in the house fire in Eidsvold, which left two-year-old Austin Cotterill in a critical condition, are now all in Brisbane by the toddler's bedside.
Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski said Austin and his parents Steven and Mandy, as well as siblings Shelby and Riley, had only been living in the home for about a month.
"They're naturally quite devastated with what happened and are standing vigil by little Austin's bedside," Mr Naumovski said.
"The next 24 to 48 hours is going to be crucial for the little guy.
"All we can do is rally behind them and support them."
The organisation has set up a gofundme page raising funds for the family.
They will also be collecting clothes and other items in the Logan area.
"They had no contents insurance so they're starting from scratch in that regard," Mr Naumovski said.
"We're just rallying around them trying to give them the funds they need while they're staying here."
The Logan House Fire Support Network is a not-for-profit organisation that supports victims of house fires in Logan and South East Queensland, though the organisation will extend out of the South East when needed.
You can donate here.
WEDNESDAY, 7.30PM: THE two-year-old Eidsvold with burns to 80% of his body remains in critical condition at Lady Cilteno Children's Hospital.
WEDNESDAY 9:30AM: A TWO-year-old boy was airlifted to the Lady Cilento Children's Hospital in a critical condition following the house fire.
A Queensland Police spokesman said the boy had a number of burns to his body.
"Three children and their mum were in the house at the time," the spokesman said.
"As soon as the fire started the mum got out with the kids."
UPDATE: A Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman said two people were taken to hospital with burns following the house fire.
"A child was taken to hospital with burns to its stomach, arms and legs," she said.
"An adult female was taken to hospital with minor burns."
They were both taken to Gayndah Hospital.
EARLIER: Queensland Fire and Emergency Services have confirmed the fire on Moreton Street, Eidsvold has been put out.
A spokeswoman for the service said they had received multiple triple zero calls in relation to the fire, which started at around 8:30pm.
"The house was fully involved when crews arrived," the spokeswoman said.
"Crews are still in attendance."
The spokeswoman said all persons in the building were out and accounted for.
INITIAL REPORT: A house on Moreton Street caught fire on Tuesday night, with an infant reportedly taken to hospital.
Witnesses say there were two fire trucks, an ambulance and the SES on the scene.
Police have also cordoned off parts of Moreton Street.