Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.


CRIME: Stealing, drink driving and refusing to leave pub

Premium Content CRIME: Stealing, drink driving and refusing to leave pub

HERE are all the crimes that have been committed in the North Burnett over the last...

Man faces 30-year-old drug charge before Kingaroy Court

Premium Content Man faces 30-year-old drug charge before Kingaroy Court

A DRUG offence committed in 1990 has come back to bite a man, who stood before...

Crippling Chinese tariffs spark fears for South Burnett wine

Premium Content Crippling Chinese tariffs spark fears for South Burnett wine

WITH wineries central to tourism in the South Burnett, new Chinese tariffs could...