Baby injured in boiling water accident

A COCONUT Grove baby is in a stable condition at Royal Darwin Hospital after pulling a container with boiling water off a bench onto his chest and neck.

The boy, 20 months, was taken to RDH by St John Ambulance paramedics about 8pm last night, and is recovering in hospital today.

St John paramedics praised the Coconut Grove family's quick reaction in cooling the boy's wounds.

Burns are one of the most common accidental childhood injuries. Babies and young children are especially vulnerable - they're curious, small, and have very sensitive, thin skin.

Families are reminded top know the 3 Cs.

Cool for 20 minutes under running water, Cover it with cling wrap and Call 000" is aimed at ensuring people know timely first aid treatment.


Labor backs cheaper water for farmers following LNP pledge

Premium Content Labor backs cheaper water for farmers following LNP pledge

Labor has made a commitment to cut the cost of irrigation for farmers, should it...

Premier announces NSW-QLD border decision

Premium Content Premier announces NSW-QLD border decision

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announces border decision

ELECTION: Nanango candidates outline their economic vision

Premium Content ELECTION: Nanango candidates outline their economic vision

This election, the economy has been one of the biggest issues in the minds of...