A MAGISTRATE has slammed a motorist, who was busted for drink driving for a third time as "disgraceful".
At Ipswich Court last week, Christopher Wiliam Winnin pleaded guilty to driving under the influence.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Jo Colston said the 31-year-old had been pulled over by police when he was driving along the Pacific Mwy in Woolloongabba at 4.50am.
Winnin was given a breath test and recorded a blood-alcohol reading of 0.161.
Magistrate Stuart Shearer noted Winnin had been convicted for drink driving twice before.
"It clearly indicates you haven't learned your lesson," Mr Shearer told Wininin.
"When you've had previous convictions for drink driving, getting behind the wheel at 0.161 is disgraceful.
"Obviously you were a significant danger to yourself and more importantly other road users.
"If you want to kill yourself that's a matter for you but when you get on the road in that state you can potentially harm other people".
Mr Shearer warned Winnin if he was caught drink driving again, he would most likely end up in jail.
"If fines aren't working then that's what ends up happening," he said.
In addition to drink driving, Winnin also pleaded guilty to a repeat unlicensed driving offence which he was charged with on August 23 in Roadvale.
For all charges he was fined $1800 and disqualified from driving for 12 months.
QT's name and shame: This week's drink drivers
- CAMERON Keith Coupe pleaded guilty to driving while drugs were in his system in Peak Crossing on February 13. The 19-year-old was fined $100 and placed on a restricted driver's licence for a month.
- SANDY Maree Jackson pleaded guilty to driving over the middle alcohol limit in Springfield on June 7. The 36-year-old was fined $200 and placed on a restricted driver's licence for a month.
- THUC Thoi Ly pleaded guilty to driving over the middle alcohol limit in Goodna on July 4. The 55-year-old was fined $300 and placed on a restricted driver's licence for three months.
- SEAN Michael Munroe pleaded guilty to driving over the general alcohol limit in Springfield Central on July 17. The 30-year-old was fined $200 and placed on a restricted driver's licence for a month.
- KATRINA Grace Leigh Rose pleaded guilty to driving over the general alcohol limit in Boonah on August 18. The 28-year-old was fined $300 and placed on a restricted driver's licence for two months.
- CHRISTOPHER David Ivan Berkett pleaded guilty to driving over the general alcohol limit in Karana Downs on August 27. The 45-year-old was fined $800 and disqualified from driving for four months.
- CHARLES Douglas Colburn Mayne pleaded guilty to driving under the influence on August 22. The 18-year-old was fined $1500 and disqualified from driving for 18 months.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.