Driver was banned for one month, now she can’t drive for two years
A TOOWOOMBA woman who couldn’t stay out of her car for one month over the Christmas/New Year period has now been ordered off the roads for two years.
Rebekah Kate Rogers had been disqualified from driving for one month after she appeared in Toowoomba Magistrates Court on December 15, the same court heard.
Disqualified until January 14, a police patrol spotted the 22-year-old driving a Holden Rodeo on Gipps St, Drayton, about 9am, January 4, and followed until she was pulled over on Handley St, Darling Heights.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Tim Hutton said when spoken to by police Rogers had admitted her licence was disqualified, telling police she had just been to the shops to get coffee.
The self-represented Rogers pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified by court order.
Acting Magistrate Lisa O’Neill fined her $600 and disqualified her from holding or obtaining a driver’s licence for the mandatory minimum period of two years.
- CALLAN James Doyle had been spotted refuelling his car at a Darling Heights service station on January 4 and was pulled over on Paradise St, Harristown, a short time later.
Checks found his licence had been disqualified by the court for six months on September 2, last year, police prosecutor Sergeant Tim Hutton said.
Doyle pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and was fined $750 and disqualified from driving for two years.
Originally published as Driver was banned for one month, now she can’t drive for two years