Fire breaks out in toilet cubicle at Sunshine Coast school

UPDATE 12.50PM: Families of students at Nambour State College have been told a toilet roll was set alight in a school toilet cubicle, sparking an emergency situation. 

In an email sent to parents, the school said the fire started in the senior boys' toilet, but all students had been accounted for. 

Nobody was injured as a result of the fire. 

UPDATE 12.20PM: The fire at a Sunshine Coast school started in a toilet cubicle, firefighters report. 

Firefighters rushed to Nambour State College after a fire was reported on site. 

They found the blaze in the toilet area, on the ground floor in a two-storey building.

The fire was extinguished about 12.10pm. 

Paramedics were also called to the scene, but nobody was injured in the incident. 

BREAKING 12PM: Emergency crews are rushing to the scene of a reported fire at a Sunshine Coast high school. 

One fire crew has just arrived at Nambour State College at Carroll St, Nambour, after the 000 call about 11.45pm. 

Firefighters have confirmed there is a structure fire at the site, but no details are yet available on the size or exact location of the blaze. 

More to come. 


Border trade-off: What Premier’s willing to offer

premium_icon Border trade-off: What Premier’s willing to offer

A “stressed” Annastacia Palaszczuk has faced business leaders

Pub reopens with a fresh look for diners

premium_icon Pub reopens with a fresh look for diners

New publicans who opened their doors just two days before introduction of COVID-19...

400+ CHARGES: Latest to be caught in massive drug sting

premium_icon 400+ CHARGES: Latest to be caught in massive drug sting

Man fronts court as part of police operation that has led to the seizure of more...