Flood warning as ‘severe storms’ set to lash North Burnett
The Bureau of Meteorology have issued a warning for the North Burnett region, with severe thunderstorms likely to cause heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in coming hours.
Locations which may be affected include Gayndah, Mundubbera, Biggenden and Eidsvold.
BOM recorded 55mm in 1 hour at Derri Derra (south of Mundubbera).
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.