Queensland Ambulance Service Paramedics on the way to the scene of a battery explosion.
Queensland Ambulance Service Paramedics on the way to the scene of a battery explosion. David Nielsen

Teen suffers severe burns in battery explosion

A 17-year-old man has reportedly been injured after a battery in a remote control exploded.

Paramedics are on the way to the incident at Evan St, Mackay.

According to a Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman, it was reported that it was a battery in a remote control for a model car.

The call was received at 10.55am.

The man is believed to have suffered burns in the explosion.


Man lucky to be alive after Burnett chopper crash

Premium Content Man lucky to be alive after Burnett chopper crash

A Burnett man is lucky to be alive after crashing his mustering helicopter this...

VIDEO: Injured bushwalker flown to safety after fall

Premium Content VIDEO: Injured bushwalker flown to safety after fall

AN ELDERLY woman has been flown to safety after an afternoon bushwalk went terribly...

10 major headlines you might have missed over the past week

10 major headlines you might have missed over the past week

THAT’S A WRAP: It’s been a chaotic week in the South Burnett, so we’ve compiled a...