Man remains in custody, charged over fatal traffic crash
UPDATE TUESDAY 2.30PM: Glen Michael Robin Condon remains in custody, after appearing in the Rockhampton Magistrates Court today charged with one count of dangerous driving causing death.
He is expected to appear in court again on Monday, April 18.
Condon was arrested after the truck allegedly involved in a fatal crash on the Bruce Hwy on Sunday was seized near Rockhampton.
A 59-year-old man was killed in the crash, which happened near Koumala about 4.45am Sunday.
A second 62-year-old man was taken to Mackay Hospital with serious injuries.
MONDAY: The man behind the wheel of a truck involved in a fatal crash on the Bruce Hwy yesterday was charged in Rockhampton after leaving the scene.
Police will allege that the truck was involved in the crash on the Bruce Hwy near Koumala about 4.45am Sunday.
It is believed the truck hit a van travelling in front of it.
The van left the road and hit a tree.
A 59-year-old male passenger died at the scene.
The truck was located and seized by police near Rockhampton and a 37-year-old Monkland man, who was allegedly driving, was charged with one count of dangerous driving causing death.
He is expected to appear in the Rockhampton Magistrates Court Tuesday.
What we know:
- A crash was reported to police on the Bruce Hwy at Koumala about 4.45am Sunday
- The 59-year-old male passenger of the vehicle was found dead
- The 62-year-old driver was transported to Mackay Base Hospital with serious injuries, and as of Monday 10.15am he was in a stable condition
- The crash was thought to involve a truck, which was seized by police in the Rockhampton area Monday 12.45pm
- Monday 2.55pm: Police charged a man, a 37-year-old from Monkland, believed to be the driver of the truck, over fatal traffic crash at Koumala.