A PERTH woman found dead in her car is believed to have died after choking on a chicken burger.
The woman reportedly bought the burger around 12.30pm and had parked in the car park at Waterford Plaza shopping centre to eat her lunch.
According to Nine News, half of a chicken burger was found in her lap.
There were believed to be no witnesses to her death.
The woman, believed to be a mother-of-three, died shortly after arriving at Royal Perth Hospital.
A passer by alerted authorities and the womanâ€™s car window had to be smashed open to get to her as the car was locked.
It is also believed police do not think there was anything wrong with the burger which may have been a contributor to her death.
An autopsy will be carried out.
Deaths by choking in Australia are not uncommon.
According to Australian Bureau of Statistics data, in 2016, 49 people died after choking on a piece of food.
Experts report that the elderly and children are most at risk for not chewing their food properly.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.