Severe thunderstorm warning for parts of North Burnett
THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for damaging winds, heavy rainfall and large hailstones for parts of the North Burnett.
"Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett district,” the warning said.
"Locations which may be affected include Gympie, Maryborough, Murgon, Gayndah, Biggenden, Rainbow Beach and Tiaro.”
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.