STORM WARNING: Hail predicted across the Burnett
TIE DOWN the trampoline and put your car undercover, another storm is headed for the North and South Burnett.
For the third afternoon in a row, hailstones and damaging winds have been forecast for the region.
From Eisdvold to Yarraman and beyond, severe thunderstorms are expected to develop over the coming hours.
The warning was issued by the Bureau of Meteorology at 2.40pm and, although the sun is beating down on much of the Burnett at the moment, large hailstones are expected west of Gayndah.
"Locations which may be affected include Kingaroy, Nanango, Stanthorpe, Oakey, Taroom, Esk, Gatton, Laidley, Lowood, Warwick, Toowoomba and Dalby," BOM said.
A storm that hit Monto earlier produced little rain and threatening clouds brought only thunder and lightning.
Wind gusts of 91 km/h were recorded at Gayndah Airport during Tuesday's storm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.