Two hurt as gas bottle explodes

A MAN and woman have suffered serious burns after a gas bottle ignited at a far north Queensland home.

This incident, which occurred about 2.50pm, is believed to have happened at their home on Miara Close, at Kewarra Beach.

A police media spokesman said the extent of their injuries were unknown, but were described by officers on scene as "significant".

Emergency services rushed to the address after reports of a loud explosion inside a house but a police spokesman was unable to confirm if the gas bottle had exploded.

Detectives from the Criminal Investigation Branch are attending and will investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident. A crime scene has been set up around the property.

News Corp Australia

Woman fined after trying to contest covid infringement

Premium Content Woman fined after trying to contest covid infringement

The mum says she was unaware of the restrictions and was busted when she travelled...

Speedway shares big plans after COVID quashed Aus Day event

Premium Content Speedway shares big plans after COVID quashed Aus Day event

South Burnett Speedway Club are back at the drawing board for 10th Anniversary of...

WE DIDN’T LOSE HOPE: The moment politician found missing man

Premium Content WE DIDN’T LOSE HOPE: The moment politician found missing man

State MP Tony Perrett and wife Michele refused to stop searching for Robert Weber...