A UTE has caught fire at the Gayndah Mitre 10 causing a temporary evacuation of staff and customers.

The quick actions of two staff members prevented further damage after they raced to the car with fire extinguishers in hand. The staff members managed to empty four extinguishers before local fire fighters arrived and got the situation under control.

No injuries have been reported.

The store has re-opened.


HIGHLIGHTS: Hornets pile on 40 points in U17 trial match

Premium Content HIGHLIGHTS: Hornets pile on 40 points in U17 trial match

The Cherbourg Hornets hosted the Sunshine Coast Bunyas at Jack O’Chin Oval on...

Citrus industry under threat by Paradise Dam decision

Premium Content Citrus industry under threat by Paradise Dam decision

The Burnett region’s booming citrus industry, worth $183 million, warns a...

VIDEO: Farms turned white as storms wreak havoc in Eidsvold

Premium Content VIDEO: Farms turned white as storms wreak havoc in Eidsvold

The skies finally opened up delivering decent rainfall and even severe hailstorms...