Zika: Globe Hotel rooms fumigated after diagnosis
THE Globe Hotel in Depot Hill has been completely fumigated following the confirmation of a Zika virus case yesterday.
Hotel manager Mick Kenny said the establishment was fumigated yesterday afternoon, and staff had spent this morning ensuring the individual rooms were also treated.
"It was alright because the Health Department did it for us, they came through and did it yesterday," he said.
"It will be more of a pain getting the other houses in the radius."
Zika virus stories
- ZIKA: Virus has not been found in mosquitoes in Rockhampton
- Doctor 'surprised' when he diagnosed Rocky Zika case
- VIDEO: Zika alarm for pregnant woman next door to The Globe
- Nation's media descends on Rocky suburb - again
- Council steps up mosquito sprays after Zika diagnosis
- Mosquitoes have been bad in Depot Hill lately, says resident
- Common symptoms of Zika
- Zika: Globe Hotel rooms fumigated after diagnosis
- Zika virus now a health crisis says WHO
- Microcephaly may just be tip of Zika virus iceberg